Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This Week's Sunday Outfit


Oops, a little late with the posting but thought I would show what I wore to church this past Sunday: yet another Kwik Sew 2875 in a brown boucle from EOS, a Burda pattern pencil skirt, quite old, out of a very nice cotton from Christine Jonson and a top from ribbed knit from Sew Baby. I really like these boucle sweater jackets because they look dressier than a sweater but not so formal as a jacket, also quicker to construct!


The top, hmm... Simplicity 2369, a best pattern of 2010 on Pattern Review.  This is a crossover top, very promising, which I cut with an 8 in the shoulders, widening out to a 12 below the bust.  This resulted in some very strange twisting, with the center back seam going diagonally across my body.  Not a good look and I assume had something to do with my gradual change in sizes.  I thought maybe I had cut it off grain but in checking found that was not the case.  Anyway, I cut it over so that it would not be a total loss. Here in the back photo you can see a good example of the sloping shoulder problem associated with the "mature" figure.
Fitting shoulders was never an issue for me when I was younger but now I am sensitive about this and often use shoulder pads to compensate.  I like this pattern and may revisit it at some point.

I really like a combination of turquoise and brown and was quite satisfied with this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment