Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Update On Jalie#2918 Boys' Tee Shirt

Here are a couple more tees I've made for my grandson using Jalie#2918. Both of these were made using good quality cotton/lycra that I had on hand, unlike the last one, which was from a Goodwill find.

I was surprised, however, to find that the neckbands that I cut out of the same C/L did NOT fit over the head and I had to go back to the ribbing I had been using.  Reading the reviews on PR, I did not find any mention of this.  The navy ribbing I have had on hand for several years and it worked fine but I found that I did not have the exact match on the red and so was forced to go to Joann's to pick up some ribbing there.  I didn't realize there could be that much of a variation in quality of ribbing but apparently there is: the Joann's ribbing fit over the head only with some difficulty and I don't know how it will last in the long run.  Most of the ribbing I use comes from Sew Baby and the quality is wonderful.  In fact, they used to have three different assortments totalling 45 colors and I splurged and got them all.  Their current assortment is only 9 colors.

Oh well, Joann's only has about 6 colors and I won't be getting anymore.  A word to the wise....

No comments:

Post a Comment