Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jalie #2918 Tee Shirt for Grandson

This tee shirt for men in 22 sizes, #2918, has been reviewed several times and with great praise.  I also found this to be a great and well-drafted pattern.  My daughter had been requesting a v-neck tee and with the cold weather coming I decided to do the double sleeve version.

My grandson is 5 but a little small for his age so I cut out the size 4 and added an extra inch to hem and sleeve length.  I have been doing this with Kwik Sew patterns for a while and it seemed to be a good plan.

The source of this tee is a large men's tee shirt from Goodwill!  Refashioning has hit our family with great success lately and this worked out well for this project too.  It is very difficult to find good cotton knits in a large range of colors that are not too expensive these days.  This tee cost about $3 and if I had waited could have gotten it for $1.50 on a half-price day.  It's possible to find good names like Land's End at the Goodwill so that's what I look for.

This particular knit did not have much stretch so when I put on the neckband I found that it did NOT stretch enough to get over the head.  Fortunately I had navy ribbing on hand which worked out fine.  The under sleeves were leftover from another project and the original fabric came from EOS.  This is a great way to use up small pieces since these sleeves for a 5 year old are not very large.


Here's a picture of my grandson posing in the new tee. Best picture I could get of a wiggly 5 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment