Saturday, September 8, 2012

The famous Jalie jeans--in neon green!

I'm going to start out with a bang here, or in my case, more of a whimper, and show off my ongoing struggle to perfect the popular Jalie jeans, pattern # 2908.  This was my second attempt, after several muslins.  Isn't this fabric the craziest color?  It's a stretch cotton twill that I bought on a whim several years ago from Fabric Mart.  What was I thinking?  They are not capri length, but the hem is turned up a couple of times to make them look sort of "casual" as opposed to crazy.  My daughters look at me strangely every time I wear them. I say, "You know, they're supposed to be FUN!"  Sure, Mom.

Anyway, being very short (5'1" and shrinking all the time) I have had quite a struggle to eliminate wrinkles on the back thighs.  It is much more obvious on a light color, which is why I'm not going to show a photo of the back here.  It's an ongoing challenge, but the Jalies have been the best to date for me.  No wonder everyone raves about them.  They're very comfortable.

Many thanks to velo sewer for her tips on sewing these jeans for short people.

No comments:

Post a Comment