Saturday, September 29, 2012

Latest Jalie Jeans


Well, here are the latest attempts at "perfect" jeans, still working on the fit.  I find these a little tight, not nearly as comfortable as my navy ones, posted in my 90/10% entry earlier.  The fabric is a stretch denim from EOS, very nice quality.

I wanted to make them "skinny" with a hem circumference of 14-15 inches, but as I basted the lower leg more narrowly I found that the wrinkles increased on the back leg.  I must have done this about four times and finally left them as originally done, with a circumference of 16 inches.  I try to tell myself that maybe the leg size balances things out more and that maybe I wouldn't look so good in skinny jeans anyway.  Sounds kinda sour grapes, wouldn't you say?

I didn't realize until I looked at the picture that clogs were probably not the best shoes to wear  but just grabbed them in a hurry for the photo.  Also, you probably can't tell by looking at the picture that I did put pockets on the back, just didn't embellish them in any way.  Mr. D says they need some kind of add-on, just to allow that lingering male gaze.  He demonstrated his "chercher la femme" ogle.

Very helpful.:))

No comments:

Post a Comment