Monday, October 1, 2012

And Now For Something Slightly More Exciting (with apologies to Monty Python)


Lest you think that all I do is go to church and to meetings, this post will show that I do have a social life of sorts.  On a weekly basis Mr. D and I go out and do a little dancing.  It's helpful in practicing what we've learned plus it's great exercise as well.

Now one cannot wear constricting clothing while whirling across the floor and so it's best to wear a skirt with 6 or 8 gores. This one is a rayon/lycra from Christine Jonson (big surprise) and is so old I honestly can't remember the pattern.  The top is McCall's 4517, now OOP.

It's got a sweetheart neckline with ruching although you can't see it in my picture.This top is cotton/lycra with the sleeves made out of a lighter weight cotton. I modified the sleeves for the "cold-shoulder" look currently popular which in my case adds a little drama without revealing my "mature" underarms.  Although they're not obvious when the lights are low, no one wants any unwelcome surprises during the breaks!

I did take off my watch for the dance, since it looks a little too business-like but because it's getting cold here in Maine I did wear tights.
Finally, just for a little extra fun, I did wear my favorite red jockey slip, which is really needed when wearing tights, and just let it peek out at the neckline and the hem.  Daughter C gave this to me for Christmas last year and I wear it quite frequently.

See?  I'm actually mixing red and lavender--I'm not always as boring as I appear to be. (ha, ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment