Sunday, October 21, 2012

Under a Rock

So, we're back from a week in Europe, had a very lovely time , thank you very much.  You'd think I would have been looking at the sites, but no.  What was I seeing?  SKINNY JEANS!  Everywhere!

Seriously, we spent ,most of our time in the fairly large city of Nice and I'd say probably about 99% of women had on skinny jeans, all ages 1-100. I  got the impression that there was all there was in the stores.

Lucky for me, with no skinny jeans in my wardrobe at this time, I took three pencil skirts with a variety of tops and these worked out well.  Here is a typical outfit:
The skirt was a Christine Jonson pencil skirt, quite ubiquitous in my closet, and a Jalie 2908 R/L top with fabric from EOS, a pattern that I have made several times and really like.  These were comfortable outfits even for the plane and train.  I also wore tights or nylons, depending on the weather, and comfortable shoes with heels.  I felt polished...I guess, but spent a great deal of time thinking how I could achieve a more "of the moment" look in a flattering way.

The thing is, I don't get out too much to see how "real" people are dressing, although I do look at a lot of fashion sites. And, when sewing, one has all the freedom in the world to create a garment exactly as envisioned.  I have just perfected my Jalie jean pattern to be bootcut but now feel like I'm out of the loop.

So, back to the drawing board and maybe back to the mall.

By the way, we did have a wonderful time, very romantic.  And I did find a small fabric store for my (ahem) souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment