Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The 90%/10% Outfit



You know how they say most people wear 10% of their clothing 90% of the time?  Well, here's that outfit for me:  my "best-so-far" Jalie pants and an old top from Christine JonsonBaseWear Two pattern.  The fabric for both pieces comes from Sew Baby, just some very good quality cotton that is very comfortable and reliable to wear.  Hot pink is probably my most flattering color close to the face and cheers me up when I wear it.  I find that as I get older I need to wear these bright colors to keep me from looking washed out. No neutrals for me these days.

Here's a not-too-great view of the back, kind of stretched out after a few days of wear.  However, I don't wear my clothes too tight anyway.

Here I am with my jacket Kwik Sew 2875 now OOP.  I love this pattern and have made it at least ten times. The fabric is a very thick quilted cotton originally purchased from Fabric Mart. I extended the fronts by one inch to allow for buttons and buttonholes and also shortened to a more flattering length for me.  This sucker is really warm and great for fall.

I have since tried several different cardigan patterns but always seem to come back to good old KS 2875.

No comments:

Post a Comment