Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today's Church Outfit



It's getting on towards fall here in Maine and today was rainy as well.  I never know what the temperature will be in church and so have to dress in layers.  Often my hands get cold while waiting to play the piano so I have to sit on them!  So today I took no chances, wearing tights and suede heels.

My outfit consisted of a KS 2875 sweater/jacket with a boucle from EOS, a Jalie 2794 sweetheart top made from a cotton/lycra from Christine Jonson, and a knit pencil skirt from Christine Jonson Basewear Two made from an ottoman knit, one of about five thousand I have made from this pattern(just kidding!  but I have made about 20 or so--instant gratification and better for you than chocolate chip cookies).

I really love making these boucle sweaters and have them in several colors.  They look a little more dressy than a plain sweater, almost like a jacket, and are warmer and don't require shoulder pads.  They give an outfit just that extra polish, IMO.






 Here are three views of the sweetheart top on its own.  I made this up originally by my measurements on the pattern and found it to be quite tight-fitting (and I'm really sucking it in on the side pose).To help the situation a little I put in some sideslits, so it's wearable but I'm not really comfortable with such form-fitting clothing. I know that's how women dress these days and maybe my refusal contributes to a certain dreaded frumpiness.  Hence The Dilemma.

Actually, I go back and forth on this topic quite a bit with my daughters.  I can always count on them for brutal honesty.  Mr D, however, is another matter.  "Do I look frumpy in this outfit?" I ask him.  "What does that mean?" he always replies.

I've never personally known a woman who was totally satisfied with her shape and look.  But at least sewing can help.




No comments:

Post a Comment