Monday, September 17, 2012

What I Wore to Church This Week



I attend a quite small rural Catholic church where no one dresses up on Sunday...except for Mr D and me. He is the only man who wears a suit still and we are considered kind of old-fashioned, I guess.  However, I would not feel comfortable any other way.  Naturally I tend to go with the unmatched suit on most Sundays and try to mix it up, just for fun.  To complicate things, I lead the singing and play the piano, so have to look somewhat together.  This is NOT usually the case, since I'm generally running out the door with one shoe on and not having a chance to test my jewelry options.

This was the case this week:  I obviously should have worn a necklace of some type to liven up this outfit, which consisted of a cotton/linen jean jacket from Burda, made a while ago and cannot remember the issue right now, as well as hand-me-down top, and skirt from Christine JonsonBasewear Two. I honestly love this pattern and have made it enough times to have some pretty strong opinions as to how to work it.  This particular skirt is a rayon/lycra knit, also from Christine, and I have lined it with swimwear lining from Joann's, which gives it a little more body.

Here's the back, which looks pretty wrinkly by now, but that's linen for ya.  The jacket is unlined but also has velcro for temporary shoulder pads, which I put into all my jackets. (Drat! Another skirt that needs taking in.)

Please notice my beautiful polka dotted shoes once more!  I want to get as much wear out of them as possible before boot season starts.
It was a little chilly so I wore my Christine Jonson Easy Coat.  I have made this coat up several times and have here modified it for more flattering pockets.  The fabric is also from Christine, a cotton that I got on sale from her along with a flower pin that I threw together for a little oomph.

Boy, this post is turning out to be a real Christine Jonson Love Fest, isn't it? But it's true, I really love her patterns and fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment