Sunday, September 9, 2012

What I Wore...To Church

This is a dandy little dress from Jalie # 3024, an ITY from Kashi in New York City.  For a change, I had relatively few fitting adjustments to contend with, only taking my usual back darts, and thus rendering it unfit to wear either forward or backward as the pattern is drafted.  I don't mind though, because I'm quite happy with the final result.  Here in Maine it's kind of pushing the envelope to wear it after Labor Day, because fall is definitely here.  So today I wore it with a sweater which worked out well.  At my age, I don't wear sleeveless garments too often.

Here are the specifics on my adjustments:  although my measurements indicate a size U, I cut a size V to be safe.  I find Jalie to be drafted like RTW, that is, quite close to the body.  I feel uncomfortable with garments that are too close-fitting, so generally tend to size up with Jalie.  Also, I should have done a petite adjustment on the skirt and definitely will next time, although this one is ok.

Once the adjustments are made, this dress can easily be whipped up in a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment